The online journal of the Italian Association for the Theory and Comparative History of Literature Vol. 2, no. 4 (2012) will focus on
"Adaptation: The transformation of stories through code-switching",
Editors: Linda Hutcheon, Massimo Fusillo, Marina Guglielmi.
Articles on the following topics will be considered for publication:
- Theories of adaptation;
- The relationship between the adapted item and its adaptation;
- Adaptation and the notion of textual fluidity;
- The process of adaptation: "gains" and "losses" within adaptations;
- The languages and materials of the adaptation.
- Cultural memory;
- Transformations of time and space in the adaptation;
- Point of view within the adaptation and adapted text;
- The adaptation and its relationship with the public: interaction and reception;
- The concept of the "source text" in the adaptation and its survival;
- How tradition lives on in new media.
Articles written in languages other than Italian are particularly welcome.
The papers, ready for publication and accompanied by an abstract and metadata, must be sent by 1st September following the guidelines indicated online:
The selected submissions will be made known by 1 October and will be submitted for peer review.
Those approved will be published by 30 November 2012.