LITHUANIAN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES LITHUANIAN COMPARATIVE LITERATURE ASSOCIATION
International Conference THE WAR IN LITERATURE AND CULTURE October 23, 2015 Vilnius, Lithuania
Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences and Lithuanian Comparative Literature Association invite to reflect on the theme of war looking at it from historical, literary, art, sociological, cultural or philosophical perspective and to discuss a range of war experiences in Lithuanian and foreign authors' works.
The suggested themes for the conference extend beyond the development of war experiences in the past and its present situation. There being no surfeit of research on the subject in Lithuania, we suggest various themes which can be adapted according to the participant’s wishes and interests.
• War and its memory metamorphosis in diaries, memoirs, autobiographies, letters, and fiction;
• Depicting battle scenes in Lithuanian and foreign literature;
• War representations in visual arts;
• Daily life during the war;
• War heroes and victims;
• Women in the war;
• Cold War experiences in literature;
• War after war: interpretations of armed resistance and guerrilla warfare in Lithuanian and foreign literature;
• New wars and their reflections in literature and cinema.
The articles based on conference presentations will be published in serial scientific journals, Žmogus ir žodis, Teksto slėpiniai, and Acta litteraria comparativa.