English Language and Literature, American Literature, Popular Culture and Fiction, Women's Writings
American Literature (Leslie Fiedler), Culture Studies (Popular and Indigenous), E Learning, Modern Religious Movements (Religion of Saints)
- Guest Editor for many issues as well as the forthcoming September 2012 silver anniversary issue of Fortell (Journal of Forum for Teachers of English language and Literature), New Delhi
- 'Fellow' at Developing Countries Research Center (dcrc), University of Delhi
1.“Glimpses of Bhakti and Sufi Consciousness in Radhasoami Faith”. International Seminar on Spiritual Consciousness Studies (SPIRCON): The Radhasoami Faith. Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Deemed University, Agra. November 12-14, 2010.
2.“Theorizing Bhakti in the Indian Context”, Joint International Conference on Applied Systems Research and xxxiii National Systems Conference (ASR-NSC 2009) DEI Deemed University, Dayalbagh, Agra. November 27-29, 2009.
3.“Guru Shishya Parampara: Subversion or Redefinition in Contemporary India”. Strokes Across Cultures:15th Triennial International Association of Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (IACLALS) Conference. Department of English Studies, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus. June 6-12, 2010
4. “A study of ‘live’ oral narratives of older women of the Gaddi tribe of Barhmaur, Himachal Pradesh, India”. CHOTRO III Local Knowledge - Global Translations: The Imagination and Images of Indigenous Communities in the Twenty-first Century organized by Bhasha Research and Publications Centre, Vadodara, India in association with the Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (ACLALS). Delhi & Shimla. September 11-16, 2010.
5. “The ‘Untold’ of the ’Told’”. 21st Grassroots Colloquium. Developing Countries Research Center, University of Delhi, Delhi. April 22, 2010
6. “British Popular Fiction in an Indian Classroom: A View from the Other” presented in the conference, Britishness, Identity and Citizenship - The View from Abroad. University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, United Kingdom. June 5-6 2008.
7. “Travelling Narratives: A focus on Chamba, Himachal Pradesh” UGC sponsored, National Seminar on “Conflict, Belonging and Multi Culturalism”, Venkateshwara College, University of Delhi, New Delhi. November 3-5, 2009.
8. “The Metaphor of ‘Dor’” at the Seminar on Oral Narratives and Cultural Heritage of the Women in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh. Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla. July 02-03, 2009.
Details of Publications (International/National)
1. Writing a book on American Literary Critic: Leslie A Fiedler under contract with McFarland Publishers, North Carolina, USA (Manuscript to be submitted in mid 2012).
1. Guest Editor, Special Issue on “Assessment Evaluation and Testing”, Fortell ISSN No: 2229 – 6557 Journal for Teaching English Language and Literature, New Delhi September, 2011 Issue no. 22.
2. Guest Editor, Fortell ISSN No: 2229 – 6557 Journal for Teaching English Language and Literature, New Delhi May, 2011 Issue no. 21
3. Guest Editor, Special Issue on “Literature: Classroom Transactions”, Fortell ISSN No: 2229 – 6557 New Delhi January, 2011 Issue no. 20.
4. Guest Editor, Special Issue on “E-Learning”, Fortell, ISSN No: 2229 – 6557 New Delhi September 2010 Issue no. 19.
5. Guest Editor, Special Issue on New Literatures in English, Creative Forum, Journal of Literary and Critical Writings, Bahri Publications, New Delhi. Vol 16, No 3-4. Jul-Dec 2003.
Research Papers in Books:
6. “Theorizing Bhakti in the Indian Context” Systems (Paritantra) for Better World Order. Sahni Vishal (ed.). Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Ltd, New Delhi, 2009:191-95.
7. “Intellectual Angst and Mental Despair: Virginia Woolf’s Mrs Dalloway” in Agarwala S, Das I & Kumar K (eds) Health Psychology, Allied Publishers, New Delhi, 2009:310-322
8. “Literature Still Matters - The Namesake: Woman reads a Woman” in Pathak, Dabir & Mishra (eds) Contemporary Fiction: An Anthology of Female Writers Sarup & Sons, New Delhi, 2008: 28-47
9. “Pragmatic Humanities: The Notion of Value and Ethics in Literature.” Theology, Science and Technology: Ethics and Moral Values. Edited by Saxena, Prem K & Chaturvedi, Devendra K. Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2005: 245-249.
Research Papers / Book Reviews / Interviews / Translations in Journals:
10. “Nothing is actually Romantic!” translated story in Her Piece of Sky, an anthology of stories by Women Writers edited by Deepa Agarwal, Zubaan Books, New Delhi 2011.
11. “Fire and the Sexuality Conundrum in Contemporary India: A Cinematic Gaze” Occasional Paper Series III, Developing Countries Research Center, University of Delhi, Delhi, February 2011.
12. “Unwrapping the trappings of Continuous Cumulative Evaluation (CCE): an Irritant or a Blessing in Disguise?” Interview with Prof. Geetha Durairajan, Fortell, New Delhi, May 2011, Issue no. 21
13. “Visiting Scholars Report” Center for Women and Gender Studies Newsletter University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Fall 2010.
14. “A legacy we have (almost) made our own: English language in India” Fortell New Delhi, Issue no.18 May 2010: 3-5
15. “Marginality Revisited…” Developing Countries Research Center dcrc newsletter University of Delhi, Delhi, April, 2010 Volume No.1:p3.
16. “Cultural Diversity: A Pedagogical Negotiation” Indian Literature Sahitya Akademi’s Bi-monthly Journal, New Delhi. No.256: March/April 2010 Vol. LIV No.2.188-198.
17. 'Tracing an Indian Diaspora: Contexts, Memories, Representations', South Asian Diaspora, Vol. 2, Issue 1 2010: 136-138.
18. Interview with Professor Malashri Lal in Special Issue on “E-Learning” Fortell, September, 2010 Issue no. 19. Can be viewed at: http://fortell.org/fortell/Interviews.aspx.
19. “English: Story within a Story” Confluence: South Asian Perspectives, London, January, 2009:10-11
20. “British Popular Fiction in an Indian Classroom: A View from the Other” Literary Paritantra (Systems) International Journal on Literature and Theory, Dayalbagh, Agra. Spring (Basant) Issue, Vol.1 No.1 Jan. 2009.
21. “Such a long Journey: Cultural Diversity, Linguistic Plurality and Literary Traditions of India” Confluence: South Asian Perspectives, London, November, 2008: Pp.10
22. “Gillu” Indian Literature Sahitya Akademi’s Bi-monthly Journal, New Delhi, No.245: May-June 2008 Vol LII No.3:188-192 (Indian Literature Golden Jubilee Literary Translation Competition’s Prize-Winning translated story of Mahadevi Verma)
23. Issues and Questions – Cultural Diversity in South Asia: Literary Confluence and Divergence, Printing Service Corporation, New Delhi, 2007. (Co-authored)
24. “New Initiatives: DU’s Satellite Colleges moving Centerstage: ELT Workshop at Maharaja Agrasen College”, University of Delhi, Delhi. Fortell Issue 12, September 2007:20-21
25. “The Culture Conundrum: Can it be Popular?” Yearly Academic Journal, Kalindi College, University of Delhi, Delhi. 2006: 1-16.
26. “The Postmodern Condition and the Politics of the Popular.” Creative Forum, Journal of Literary and Critical Writings. Bahri Publications, New Delhi. Vol 16, No 1-2. Jan-Jun, 2003: 119-130.
27. “Giving the Devil His Due – Revisited.” Dialog, an Inter-Disciplinary Journal, Panjab University, Chandigarh. May 2002: Pages 73-80.
28. .“Popular Literature: A Fiedlerian Perspective” Jadhavpur Journal of Comparative Literature (JJCL) ISSN 048-1143 peer-reviewed annual journal, Department of Comparative Literature, Jadhavpur University, Kolkata. 1998-99, Vol. 36
29. . “A Psychological Analysis of Alienation in Modern Jewish-American Literature.” Psycho-Lingual, 1994, 24: 1
30. “The American Dream: A Psychological View.” Indian Psychological Review. 1994, Vol. 41 (9-10),.
31. “Victim of Social Rejection – Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn.” Presented at the “Eighty First Session of the Indian Science Congress – 1994.” Included in Advance Abstracts.
32. “The American Male Psyche: A Psychological Analysis.” Indian Journal of Psychology. 1993, Vol. 68 (3&4),
31. “Warrior of the Night” Muse India E Literary Journal Sep 21, 2010
32. A selection of poems at Kritya E Poetry Journal, 2010 .
33. “Bonds with James”, Editorial Page - Hindustan Times. December 11, 2006.
34. Coordinator and co-author. Advanced Module on “Media” English Language Proficiency Course, University of Delhi, Delhi. 2010
Web based E Content (Institute of Lifelong Learning, University of Delhi):
(Between July 2008 to January 01, 2010)
35. Chapter 1 Unit 6: Writing in English, Cultural Diversity, Linguistic Plurality and Literary Traditions in India, (pages 1-35)
36. . Chapter 2 Unit 6: Writing in English Cultural Diversity, Linguistic Plurality and Literary Traditions in India, (pages 36-70)
37. . Chapter 3 Unit 6: Writing in English Cultural Diversity, Linguistic Plurality and Literary Traditions in India, (pges 71-100).
38. 56 lessons for Basic and Intermediate Levels of EFL/ESL learners in India as Course Coordinator: English Language Learning in India’
39. Editing and Formatting of Web-based Course on ‘Human Rights, Gender, and Environment’ (HRGE) for the website of University of Delhi, Jul-Sep 2008.
Under Print / Forthcoming in 2011-12
Research Papers / Translations in Books:
1.“Glimpses of Bhakti and Sufi Consciousness in Radhasoami Faith” Spiritual Consciousness Studies (SPIRCON), Sage, New Delhi, 2011 (Under Print)
2. “E-Learning: A Postmodern Frontier or a Heterotopia?” Essential Readings for Teachers of English: From Research Insights to Pedagogical Practices ed by Khanna AL & Gupta AS. Orient Blackswan, New Delhi 2011 (Forthcoming 2011)
3. “Kayan Devi and Phinno Devi: Education & Folk Knowledge” Chapter 9: Bharmour, Narrating and Translating Women’s Cultural Heritage in Chamba ed by Malashri Lal & Sukrita Paul Kumar, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, 2011 ( Forthcoming 2011)
4. “Rooni Devi and Punya Devi: Marriage Rituals” Chapter 9: Bharmour, Narrating and Translating Women’s Cultural Heritage in Chamba ed by Malashri Lal & Sukrita Paul Kumar, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, 2011 (Forthcoming 2011)